Welcome to the Barnfield Academy
of Law & Accountancy website
What is it?
An academy designed for young people aged
14-18 who would like to follow a career as an
Accountant or Lawyer.
How will it work?
- 4 days a week you will follow core GCSEs (including English & Mathematics)
- 1 day a week – out of your school – you will focus on Accountancy or Law
- You will study for professional qualifications (recognised in the industry)
- You will be set projects and given frequent and relevant presentations from Accountancy and Law firms
- You will write a thesis on your chosen area of study
- You will undertake paid work experience during the course of your programme with sponsor organisations
- All money earned will be saved on your behalf and later used to fund you through university
If at 16 I wish to change careers, can I?
Yes! The scheme is designed so that at 16 or 18 years old you can choose to follow another career pathway.
Who are the professional partners and sponsors of the Academy?
- Several local and national Law & Accountancy Firms
- High profile universities
- Professional awarding bodies for Law and Accountancy qualifications
- Barnfield College and Academies
Where can I find out how to apply?
Click here to register your interest. You will then be contacted to arrange a personal interview and assistance with completing your application.